Saturdays are for indulgence. After the 9-5 weekly grind, early morning Saturday weigh-ins + workouts, indulgence in the spa, kitchen, bedroom… is welcome luxury.
Today, we indulged in these delicious slightly sweet CranApple Muffins. Believe it or not, we still have my sister’s homemade- cranberry-sauce . It still tastes as fresh and delicious as the first day, and we keep postponing its “finish” date.
These muffins are a modified version of the brown butter apple bread. The steps are almost the same, the result is a more tart and satisfying muffin.
- 1 golden delicious Apple
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 stick of butter
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3 medium eggs
- ¼ cup homemade cranberry sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a stick butter in a covered pot for about 90 seconds or until it begins to turn brown.
- Turn of heat and allow the brown butter to cool.
- Peel apples and slice (about ⅛ inch thick). Place sliced apples in a bowl.
- Pour the vinegar into the bowl of sliced apples and microwave for about 90 seconds or until the apples become translucent.
- Put apples in the fridge to cool.
- Pour sugar, eggs, nutmeg, vanilla, and baking powder into a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add all other ingredients and combine well.
- Pour mixture into greased muffin cups.
- Bake for about 15mins or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Oya Come Chop.