This dish was such a hit at our new year celebration. Most of my siblings and spouses visited and we had such an amazing memorable time.
These goat chops were purchased from my local Asian store. I love the cuts, they have a good ratio of meat to bone to fat. The goat chops were marinated overnight in a blended mixture of garlic, all of the magic of this dish happened during marination.
I hope you try this recipe and let me know how much you love it.
- 2lbs of fresh raw goat chops.
- 1 cup of water.
- 1 large onion.
- 10 cloves of garlic.
- 3 - 6 large sprigs of rosemary.
- 2 teaspoonfuls of black pepper.
- 2 teaspoonfuls of salt (add more if needed).
- ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Place the goat chops in an oven safe bowl/dish.
- Blend the onions, garlic, and salt using one cup of water.
- Pour the blended mix into the bowl containing goat chops.
- Place the rosemary sprigs into the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with foil and leave to marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Place the bowl containing the goat into the oven (leave the bowl covered with foil)
- Cook in the over for about 50 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the oven, and prepare a baking sheet.
- Using a pair of thongs, remove the pieces of goat from the bowl, and place them into the baking sheet.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs as well and place on the goat.
- Sprinkle the olive oil atop the goat, black pepper, and some more salt if needed.
- Place in the oven, reduce heat to about 400 degrees and cook uncovered for about 30-40 minutes or until the goat is well browned.
- Remove from oven, cool and enjoy!
It tasted fabulous. There weren’t too many left overs 🙂
Oya Come Chop!