Saturdays are for indulgence. After the 9-5 weekly grind, early morning Saturday weigh-ins + workouts, indulgence in the spa, kitchen, bedroom… is welcome luxury.
After a photography session today, we had this lovely simply meal of boiled yam, air-fried salmon, herby fried eggs and tomato stew. Meals should be both simple and fabulous!
Oya Come Chop 🙂
This bread is so simple and nutty. Everyone in our household enjoyed it.
- 3 overripe bananas
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Oil one 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- Add all the ingredients except the flour and almonds into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into a bowl.
- Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the loaf pan.
- Top with toasted almonds.
- Bake until browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out completely clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool and enjoy.
Oya Come Chop! 🙂
We had these gluten-free pancakes this morning and they were fabulous. Velvety smooth inside, and slightly moist.
How are you friends? We are doing deliciously well at Oya Come Chop. Today we are working with leftovers again.